Pages

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Flaming Quiver / Archery at camp - 5 Minute Recount

 Flaming Quiver
 I pick up the bow, grip the handle and placed the fletcher below the knock. One finger above two fingers below I pull the string to my face. I felt the string sway I let go and it was like slow motion I could feel the arrow glide across my cheek and drift into the distance it pierced the bullseye.


 Then it was time to harvest my arrows I walk down to the target my shoes covered in mud. I placed my hand on the target and pull the arrow I could hear it creep out of the foam target. I tried to avoid the muddy abyss but it was inevitable. I slipped into the mud and had my legs covered in it I walked back and placed the arrows beside the bow.

I went to take my second shot , Butterflies soaring inside my stomach I close my eyes take a deep breath and let go… despite the fact that ofa placed the balloon in the top corner of the target I hit it! I hit the balloon I felt so proud of myself .
_________________________________________________________________________________

This is a 5 minute recount of my favourite thing at camp which was archery it was really fun and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment