Pages

Thursday 20 October 2016

Owl Instinct - Narrative

Owl Instinct
I was sitting on the branch with the wind blowing like a fire breathing dragon. The branch I was sitting on was almost as shaky as my nerve, as I was about to jump. I crouched down, trying not to look at the ground and, Jumped.
“I’m flying look at me!” I yelled “This isn’t as bad as I thou…”
I landed face first into the tree. My wing was injured so I couldn’t even slow the fall.
“Hey you in the truck can you help me”
He didn’t seem to hear me. After a couple minutes he saw me and picked me up
“Where are you going to take me?”
He just seemed to ignore me. While I was in the truck he put me into a box made of metal bars with other birds in boxes.

I was dropped off at a spooky looking place with spooky birds and a lot of metal boxes.
“Hey you what's it like here?” I nicely asked one of the birds
“You don’t wanna know kid” he replied in a dark groaning voice
The cage I was in was too big for me, I guess that was a good thing as I had more room to walk around.
“I wonder if I can fit through this cage?” I asked myself
Me being, well me I tried but didn’t succeed.

The next day I started pecking at the metal bars.
“Hey this metal is really weak I wonder why?”
It seemed the people running this place really were cheap all the other birds had decently protected boxes I didn’t though?
“Hey I can get out!”
I ran as fast as I could only to find a window with a 40 ft drop
“Oh no the guards are coming after me!”
The adrenaline started to kick in
“I couldn’t do it before I won’t be able to do it now?! Wait.. this is a life and death situation if I get a broken bone it won’t be as bad as dying” I lept off the window
“Oh no i’m not flying ahh this wasn’t meant to happen”
I closed my eyes and, I was flying
“Wait where's the bang”
I opened my eyes to see that I was flying
“Haha suckers how are you going to get me now? Huh”

I landed on a branch and saw all the other birds trying to escape
“I can’t just stand here I have to help them”
I flew back and started looking for the keys the other birds were cheering me on I felt, Motivated, I flew as fast as I could looking for those keys but the guards didn’t leave they were right in front of me *CLANG* I got locked in an even more isolated box.
“Help help”
The other birds could barely hear but that was enough for me
“Come on you can do it, you can get out of these cages you're a bird and shouldn't be treated like this you can do it!”
The birds all started breaking out of there cages and started attacking the guards.
3 birds started breaking me out and those birds were my family they were here the whole time looking for me.

I went home with my family and the poachers got arrested
“Hey thanks dude you helped save me and my friends we thought we were gonna be dead meat man”
Said one of the birds
“Hey you really inspired and encouraged everyone good job lil’ guy”
Said another.
I felt really happy saving all those birds. I was even on the news, yeah the news! A bird on a human television screen.

“Pfft I would’ve been able to do that” said my sister
Hey no need to get jealous I did it to save myself too ya know.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shannon,
    I really like your story. I think it really cool that you created a story about a taking flight but also created a real problem for birds.
    Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete