Pages

Friday 19 August 2016

Magic box

Use powerful imagery to write your own ‘Magic Box’ poem that paints a picture in the mind of the readerImage result for the magic box


I will put into the box …
The wires of a broken tv
The shining feathers of a blue jay
The silk from a spider's web


I will put into the box …
A piece of wood from a haunted house
A bucket of colorful rainbows
A stone from a medieval castle


I will put into the box …
The rubbery wheels of an F1
A bit of metal from a sharp katana
And a ring from a cancelled wedding


My box is fashioned from molten titanium and sticks of dynamite and bars of gold, with a snake's tongue on the lid and smashed ice in the corners.


Its hinges are the flames of an olympic torch


I shall adventure in my box and cut down every vine that gets in my way I will tell tales about this phenomenon and climb every mountain until I realize it was all my imagination


-

Today I made a poem about a magic box.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous poem Shannon! You have painted a really clear picture with your words. I really like the line 'I will tell tales about this phenomenon and climb every mountain until I realise it was all my imagination' - it is very powerful!

    ReplyDelete